Are You Pregnant & Considering Adoption? We can Help!
PREGNANT? SCARED? UNPLANNED PREGNANCY?
ADOPTION HELP FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
Sometimes, adoption is the best gift a mother can give her child.
Call us anytime day or night at (704) 861-0700
You may be pregnant, scared, and at a point where you know you cannot care for your child. You may not know what options you have available to you.
Some may consider your situation a crisis pregnancy. But this process is about making the right plan for your baby. There are a number of adoption agencies, for profit and non-profit, and other companies that are not adoption agencies that are on the internet and in the yellow pages that promise that they can help you.
You deserve to be represented by an attorney who is experienced with all aspects of the adoption. If you work with an adoption agency or a christian adoption agency, you will deal with social workers or someone who just answers the telephone for the agency. They are usually not located in North Carolina. If you have an attorney working for you, you will have someone looking out for your legal rights.
As an attorney located in North Carolina, you can meet with me and my staff and we can work with you as you place your child for adoption.
A mother can place her child up for adoption herself.
There are several things that birth mothers are often not told:
- You can choose your child's parents, not the adoption agency.
- You have the right to receive a preplacement assessment or home study which tells you them about the adoptive parents age, home, family traditions, and financial stability.
- You have the right to an attorney. Often this attorney can be paid for by the adoptive couple. An attorney can help you make sure that you rights are not being violated.
You can receive financial help for:
- Medical expenses
- Counseling services
- Living expenses of a mother during the pregnancy and for no more than six weeks after the birth;
- Attorney fees related to the adoption
- However, a mother can not receive money in exchange for placing her child for adoption.
Everything about your pregnancy and adoption can be kept confidential.
I look forward to helping you during this stressful time with your adoption.
No matter where you may live, please call today (704) 861-0700 and I will answer any questions you may have. I look forward to helping you.